Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Sunday Post: holiday DIYs, historical photos in color, and 90s music


Hey friends, 

It's been a while since my last Sunday post, so I thought that I would once again direct your attention to some of my favorite things from around the interwebs.

But, first, I want to let you in on a little something.  I've spent the last couple of weeks working on building a WordPress site to house my blog.  A few things still need to be tweaked, but I'll be revealing the new site (complete with a new name) sometime next week.  I'll be moving everything from this blog over to the new one, so the recipes, links, et cetera, will still be accessible.

In the meantime, enjoy:

1. While I don't think anything is better than getting an invitation, card, or letter in the mail, Paperless Post provides a convenient and environment-friendly method of sending well-designed cards to friends and family.  Many of the designs are free and others cost around fifty cents a pop, meaning no one has an excuse for not sending out a holiday card.  Does that mean I'll send one out?  Probably not.  

2.  We've all seen these images, but perhaps you haven't seen how they've been altered. Recently, artists have been adding color to historically significant photos.  Although I was skeptical at first, as I scrolled down the page I was blown away by how the change brought the photos -- and the events they capture -- to life.

3.  60 songs from the 90's.  Jordan and I may have stayed up late one night this week watching these music videos, dancing, and giggling like the middle schoolers we were back then.

4.  These DIY imprinted clay bowls would make such lovely homemade gifts!

5.  I've wanted to make an Advent Calendar for a few years.  Here is a great list of 35 homemade options. 

6.  Trust me, visit Happyolks and spend a few hours there.  You'll thank me later.

7.  An artist mom let's her daughter finish her drawings.  The result is pretty magical.  

No comments:

Post a Comment