Tuesday, October 22, 2013

lately

They always say that the older you get, the more quickly time passes.  In the last year or so I have noticed that my days seem shorter and that the weeks and months flash by before I can grasp them.  October is nearly over and I am still shocked by September's end.  

Time is short, and spare moments are few.  They deserve to be lingered over, savored, considered.  

Thursdays have become my favorite day of the week.  My day with Jordan, a day we make as free of obligation as possible.  We venture out, sometimes to Charlottesville or Richmond.  Sometimes we stay in.  These days are precious to me, sweet morsels calling to my attention the goodness of the life I am living.

Here are a few snapshots of that life.  Some are from Thursdays, others are not.  Each reminds me of the beauty of being alive, the glory of breath and body and light and earth.






















This last shot is from this morning.  I was headed over Afton mountain, on 250 and, when I saw the sun shining on the clouds, I turned around and headed up the on the Parkway for a better perspective.  Friends, may you act on those impulses which lead you to the life beautiful and free.







No comments:

Post a Comment